You can save your centralized data on this server for all users in the network. The server is equipped with access
control lists for appropriate user management. The danger of loosing data due to a hard disk breakdown is met with a
Raid 1 configuration. This consists of at least two hard disks, whereby the same data is held on both hard disks at any
time. Unintentional deletion of data is met by a suitable backup solution.
Below is a listing of possible services, which the server can provide on your network:
- File, Fax, and Print services for Microsoft Windows, Apple Macintosh, and Unix
- PDF services for the native server-side creation of PDF documents
- Email: SMTP, POP3 and IMAP
- Web services for HTTP and HTTPS
- Routing and Firewalling to the Internet and Routing of multiple local subnets respectively
- Domain Name Service (DNS) for resolving names of network devices
- DHCP services for dynamic configuration of network devices
- SQL data base services>
We prefer to work with Linux based on distributions of SUSE and Debian.